New York Brain Injury Attorney
Brain and spinal cord injuries can have a life-changing impact. Mental or physical capabilities can be significantly diminished, and life as the victim knew it prior to the injury may never be completely restored. When these injuries occur as the result of malpractice on the part of a medical professional, or as the result of an accident, victims have the right to be compensated for the harm they have suffered.
Obtaining fair compensation in these cases can be challenging, and having a skilled attorney who understands brain and spinal cord injuries will help to ensure that your interests are protected to the fullest extent. New York brain injury lawyer A. Paul Bogaty has extensive experience with brain and spinal cord injury claims and has obtained a number of impressive settlements and verdicts, including a $2 million settlement for an undiagnosed spinal epidural abscess.
Results-Oriented Representation in Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Claims
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain or spinal cord injury, Mr. Bogaty will fight to see that the responsible parties are held accountable. He is highly skilled at evaluating your damages and building a strong legal case designed to secure the best possible result on your behalf.
The firm has successfully represented victims in a variety of medical malpractice and personal injury claims involving brain and spinal cord injuries, including:
- Head trauma: Head trauma can result in brain injuries that lead to a broad range of long-term problems, including memory loss, speech and cognitive impairment, personality changes and depression. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can help to minimize the impact of these injuries.
- Subdural hematoma: A subdural hematoma is a collection of blood on the surface of the brain. Subdural hematomas compress brain tissue and can lead to a variety of neurological deficits, such as impaired motor skills and slurred speech. Undiagnosed subdural hematomas may result in permanent brain damage. They can also cause coma and are sometimes fatal.
- Undiagnosed aneurysms: A brain aneurysm is a bulging blood vessel in the brain. If an undiagnosed aneurysm ruptures, it can bleed into the brain and create pressure that can cause severe brain damage or death.
- Failure to immobilize spinal cord injuries: When a patient has suffered a spinal cord injury, it is critical that the neck and back be completely immobilized. If they are not, further damage may result, which can lead to permanent weakness or paralysis.
- Undiagnosed spinal and epidural abscess: A spinal or epidural abscess is an infection that develops on the spine. When left undiagnosed and untreated, the abscess can damage the spinal cord resulting in permanent paralysis. In the most extreme cases, the infection can be fatal.
Speak with a Dedicated New York City Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Lawyer
Contact the Law Office of A. Paul Bogaty to schedule a free initial consultation regarding your brain or spinal cord injury claim. You can reach Mr. Bogaty by phone at 212-481-7797 or via e-mail.
All cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee unless your case is successful.
Spinal Cord Injury Attorney • Brain Injury Lawyer
Serving the NYC Metropolitan Area
Manhattan (New York County), Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens (Queens County),
Bronx (Bronx County) and Staten Island (Richmond County)
plus Long Island (Nassau County, Suffolk County) and Westchester County