New York Failure to Diagnose Attorney
Patients rely on doctors and other health care professionals to accurately diagnose medical conditions and prescribe appropriate treatment. When an accurate and timely diagnosis is not made, it can put a patient’s health at serious risk and turn an otherwise treatable condition into a life-threatening one.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious negative consequence of a doctor’s failure to diagnose or delay in diagnosing a medical condition, you have the right to seek compensation. Proving negligence in these cases can be difficult, and it is essential that you have a New York failure to diagnose lawyer who understands how diagnoses are made and the errors that can constitute medical malpractice. There are specific limitations on the amount of time a victim has to file a medical malpractice claim. Mr. Bogaty will advise you on your rights and legal options.
Extensive Experience With Misdiagnosis Claims
New York attorney A. Paul Bogaty represents clients in a broad range of misdiagnosis cases. His knowledge of the criteria used to evaluate and diagnose medical conditions allows him to quickly and accurately determine whether a case has merit. He has secured a number of settlements and verdicts, including $2.95 million for failure to diagnose spinal cord compression and $1.35 million for failure to diagnose heart disease.
Attorney Bogaty has successfully represented clients in many different types of failure to diagnose claims, including the following:
- Failure or delay in diagnosing cancer: Early detection of cancer can often mean the difference between life and death. Thorough examination, attention to patient complaints and appropriate screening are critical to early diagnosis and timely treatment.
- Failure to diagnose stroke or heart disease: When recognized in the early stages, the impact of a stroke or heart attack can be minimized by providing appropriate supportive care and in certain instances by administering tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) to assist with dissolving of blood clots. Many forms of heart disease are fully treatable with medication or surgery when diagnosed and treated in a timely fashion. Left undiagnosed, these conditions can be fatal.
- Failure to diagnose compartment syndrome: Most prevalent in the lower leg or forearm, compartment syndrome results in the death of muscle and/or nerves when excessive pressure from swelling is not relieved in a timely manner. Doctors have the duty to order the appropriate tests to diagnose compartment syndrome and, in most instances, perform emergency surgery.
- Misinterpretation of mammograms: Mammograms are a primary source of information for identifying breast cancer. When doctors misinterpret a mammogram, breast cancer can go undetected, and the opportunity for early diagnosis and treatment is lost.
- Delay in the diagnosis and treatment of infection: Blood tests and other diagnostic tools can readily detect the presence of an infection, and many infections are easily treatable with antibiotics. When doctors fail to diagnose and treat an infection, it can have devastating consequences for the patient, including extended hospitalization, scarring, disability and sometimes death.
Speak with a Dedicated New York Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Lawyer
Contact the Law Office of A. Paul Bogaty to schedule a free initial consultation about your misdiagnosis claim. You can reach Mr. Bogaty by phone at 212-481-7797, toll free at 800-230-7787 or via e-mail.
All cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee unless your case is successful.
Serving the NYC Metropolitan Area
Manhattan (New York County), Brooklyn (Kings County),
Queens (Queens County),
Bronx (Bronx County) and Staten Island (Richmond County)
plus Long Island
(Nassau County, Suffolk County) and Westchester County